Common Data Service allow you securely store and manage data that is used in the Business Applications.
Data within common data service is stored within set of records called entities. An entity is a set of records used to store data, similar to how a table store data within the database.
Entities – Common Data Service
Power Apps related technologies
Microsoft power apps works with other technologies o help you to create powerful apps for your organization.
List of technologies used to build power apps
- Data Sources:
- Data source bring cloud and On-premise data into the power apps.Data can be accessed thru build in connections, custom connectors or gateways
- Common Data service
- Common data service is a reliable and scalable service that allows to store and manage data that’s used by business applications. It is stored with in the set of entities.
- Microsoft flow
- Microsoft flow is used to automate the process based on some conditions. example is triggering of an event in the connected service. like when new customer creates in the Dynamics 365 send an email to the users.
This unit explores each part of the following PowerApps components:
- web.powerapps.com – Apps start here, whether you build them from data, a sample app, or a blank screen.
- PowerApps Studio – Develop your apps further by connecting to data, adding and arranging user interface (UI) elements (known as controls), and building formulas.
- PowerApps Mobile – Run your apps on Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS, and Google Android devices.
- PowerApps Admin Center – Manage PowerApps environments and other components.
Power Apps Mobile
Power Apps admin Center
Issue: Data Entity of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is not available on power apps and Power BI
Casue: Data Entity of Dynamics 365 for Finance and operation will not be available if Is Public property of Data Entity is No
Resolution: Just change the Data Entity Is Public property to Yes