Below are summary about the new update of Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations apps version 10.0.7
- Budget Register Entry Enhancements
- Ability to export records from the accounts payable invoice pool
- Ledger Settlements by User
- Forecast position reports(Public sector)
- Mark a Purchase agreement as closed
- Users can now mark a Purchase agreement as “Closed” to signal the agreement is no longer actively used, making it so users will not be able to create release orders from the purchase agreement.
- Delayed Tax calculation on journal
- Reverse Journal posting
- Stop workflow submission when there are unallocated charges on a vendor invoice
- Account group selection for Chinese voucher types
- Sort resource in the project by invoice proposal
- Run Settle and post sales tax in batch mode
- Tax engine GTE (only available for India
For more details visit Microsoft Documentation using below link
Whats changed in 10.0.7
Entity relationships are metadata. Entity relationships define the different ways of entity records can be associated to different entity records from other entities or the same entity. Entity relationships allows the query to retrieve data efficiently.
Types of Entity relationships:
There are two types of entity relationships
Many related entity records associated with a single entity record (1:N) ,a parent/child relation.
Many entity records are associated with many other entity records. A N to N( N:N) relation.
Entity relationship (1:N) do the following tasks, other than define the relations between the entities:
- If record deleted on the parent entity then the record associated in the child entities also deleted.
- When assign a record to a new owner, associated records also assign to the new owner.
- How the record and related records will be visible to the users.
Entities – Common Data Service – CDS
Data is stored in the Common Data Service database is defined as entity. Entity corresponds to a database table and each field within an entity represents a column in that table.
Common Data service, metadata(data about data), is a collection of entities. Entity metadata controls the kinds of records you can create and type of actions performed on them. When we create or edit the entities,fields relationships, we are editing this metadata.
Common data service comes with a number of standard entities that support the core business applications.We need to become familiar with the catalog of standard entities.
For minor changes we don’t need to create new custom entities:
- To change the field display name or label we don’t need to create custom entity.
- We cannot delete the standard entities but we can hide them by changing the security role assignment.
What is Common Data Service?
Entity Relationship – Common Data Service – CDS
Sometimes we need to delete the model and deployable package from the dev environments.
use Modelutil.exe to delete the model file from the packages local directory.
Package installation or deletion:
- Stop IIS (kill the IIS worker process from the task manager)
- Stop batch job DynamicsAXBatch job
- Delete the package folder located on C:\ or K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory (make sure folder completely deleted)
- Open VS Dynamics -> Model Management -> Refresh models
Sometimes users facing below issue in generating the reports from Dynamics 365 for Finance and operations or Developers while deploying the reports
- Failure! Status check of Report Server –
- The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error – Report design not found
- Report design not found
Restart the below services by going on the services list window of the report server or from the LCS
- Restart the service report server
- Check and restart the Microsoft SQL Server instance service
Note: If the server is sandbox environment managed by Microsoft then go the Power BI (report server) VM and restart the above services
Common Data Service allow you securely store and manage data that is used in the Business Applications.
Data within common data service is stored within set of records called entities. An entity is a set of records used to store data, similar to how a table store data within the database.
Entities – Common Data Service
Chain of Command now supports the more scenarios for the extensions on forms:
Now you can wrap the methods on forms, Forms data sources, Datafields and on form control methods.
- Form Data Sources
- Form Controls
- fields in data sources
Below is the complete example of Form Data source and just a code snippet for the rest. In below example we are updating the ratingmodel based on our custom logic that is global variable on the form.
Note: use element.FormToExtendVariable to access the form variables and datasources
Use element.FormToExtendMethod() to call the form methods
- [ExtensionOf(FormStr(FormName))] // for form extension
- [ExtensionOf(FormControlStr(FormName,FormControl))] // for form control method extension
- [ExtensionOf(FormDataFieldStr(FormName,FormDataSource,DataField))] // for form datasource method extension
- [ExtensionOf(FormDataSource(FormName,FormDataSource) // for form data source extension
Scenario: Sometimes developer needs table id of the table to use in their logic
Solution: you can get the table id for any table using sql query in the development environment.
SysTableIdView is the table from where you can fetch the Id.
Below is the query
select * from SysTableIDView
Scenario: Sometimes you need to extend the form init method in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
Below is sample code to extend:
/// <param name=”args”></param>
[PostHandlerFor(formStr(HcmRatingLevelIdLookUp), formMethodStr(HcmRatingLevelIdLookUp, init))]
public static void HcmRatingLevelIdLookUp_Post_init(XppPrePostArgs args)
FormRun fr = args.getThis();
//you have form run object to access the controls and datasources of form
Scenario: Below issues comes when some user deleted from the active directory and then restore the same user.
- According to Azure Active Directory, your Identity, is currently Deleted within the following Azure Active Directory: Please contact your AAD administrator to resolve this.
- devops 403 – Uh-oh, you do not have access. – DevOPs
Resolution: Delete the user from the DevOps organization and projects completely. Then add again. Everything will work as it as after this.
Sometime user sync with DevOPS after restoring will take sometime in hours or may be a day. So wait for it, If the issue is still exists put your issue in comments here or in the DevOps community.
Below are the list of features that added in the Application release 10.0.6 and platform update 30.
Scenario: Sometime during deployment users facing low space issue and deployment got failed.
Reason: The reason is deployable packages folder having many files that increase the drive used space. Microsoft by default deployable packages will delete after 30 days. If you deploy packages many times during the last 30 days. then you need to reduce the time of delete deployable packages
- Under the HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dynamics\Deployment registry key, you can create the following keys to customize when cleanup should occur. The automated cleanup task will consider these values.
- CutoffDaysForCleanup – The number of days that old packages and logs should be retained. The default value is 30.
- CutoffDiskSpaceLimitForPackages – The minimum free disk space (in gigabytes [GB]) on the service volume drive where the package folder is located. For example, if the disk space is 200 GB, the cleanup task will remove the packages, based on the number of days.
- CutoffDiskSpaceLimitForLogs – The minimum free disk space (in GB) of the system drive where the log folder is located. For example, if the disk space is 100 GB, the cleanup task will remove the servicing-related logs, based on the number of days.
Power Apps related technologies
Microsoft power apps works with other technologies o help you to create powerful apps for your organization.
List of technologies used to build power apps
- Data Sources:
- Data source bring cloud and On-premise data into the power apps.Data can be accessed thru build in connections, custom connectors or gateways
- Common Data service
- Common data service is a reliable and scalable service that allows to store and manage data that’s used by business applications. It is stored with in the set of entities.
- Microsoft flow
- Microsoft flow is used to automate the process based on some conditions. example is triggering of an event in the connected service. like when new customer creates in the Dynamics 365 send an email to the users.
This unit explores each part of the following PowerApps components:
- web.powerapps.com – Apps start here, whether you build them from data, a sample app, or a blank screen.
- PowerApps Studio – Develop your apps further by connecting to data, adding and arranging user interface (UI) elements (known as controls), and building formulas.
- PowerApps Mobile – Run your apps on Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS, and Google Android devices.
- PowerApps Admin Center – Manage PowerApps environments and other components.
Power Apps Mobile
Power Apps admin Center